teacher training and philosophy
I believe that training should be continuous and comprehensive. From my own practice and teaching I draw my research and aim to deliver teacher’s training of the highest standards. I evolve and enrich my technique with new ideas from myself and others and aspire that my contribution to the Pilates education grows in time. Pilates is a highly therapeutic method
Time, practice and an open mind are key factors. Acknowledge that our bodies are made of many systems meant to work in harmony and we are made to work in harmony with the surroundings. Skeletal, myofascial, respiratory, digestive, lymphatic, cardiovascular, nervous and more systems are considered separately but work together to perform simple or complicated tasks in everyday life as well as in unique conditions. The target is to improve awareness, become conscious of our bodies and its links.
It is important to start the practice from a calm state for the body and mind.
Encouraging students to feel comfortable and relaxed creates clarity that enables to efficiently receive and give stimuli and instructions. Emphasis on skeletal alignment, breathing and focus, while relaxing creates grounding (acknowledgment and sense of gravity) and readiness to perform. We become present both in our bodies and the surroundings. Ready to explore our bodies safely but efficiently, improve our mechanics and develop a variety of new skills.
I use the Pilates method and its varied styles from different influences to train teachers, all with attention to detail, comprehension and the individual. I feel that I am blessed that so much knowledge from the past and present has come my way and hope that my students will feel the same.
collaboration of Core Allegro and Pilates Education and Research (P.E.A.R)
A 2-year study of the Pilates Method with a total of 1000 hours of lectures, seminars, self-practice, observation and supervised teaching.
Opportunities for employment in London UK, Portugal EU
Learn the technique in depth from experienced and established professionals and become a teacher of the highest standard.and Arlington, Virginia US through our network.
- AllegoCertification of Advanced Teacher from Pilates Education and Research and Core
- Exams on Anatomy and Physiology and the Pilates Method.
- Continuous assessments to ensure learning.
- Rehabilitation techniques
- Verbal cues
- Observation skills
- Exercises’ analysis and insights
- Relaxation techniques
- Hands on
- Breathing techniques
- Over 300 exercises and variations on Mat and equipment supported by manuals.
- 300 hours additional practice (recommended and supported).
- 500 hours of guided studio practice, observation and supervised teaching (compulsory)
- 20 hours of lectures on anatomy, physiology and medical conditions including: study of the skeletal, muscular and respiratory systems. A brief study of all other systems of the human body. Physiology and a brief on degenerative medical conditions that Pilates benefits.
- 180 hours pilates tuition-79 modules on Mat, Reformer, Cadillac, Chairs, Barrels, Wobble Boards and small apparatus. Beginners, Intermediate and Advanced levels.